Hello, my name is Aidan and I am 22 years old. I recently completed my degree in Creative Computing. I am looking to pursue a career in technology and would love to work in a different country! My interests are mainly sports-based such as MMA, Football, Rugby, and American Football. I love to travel and to sightsee. I love animals and have a King Charles Cavalier called Bailey!
The aim of this application was to make a Virtual Reality, Dental simulation in Unity via an Oculus Rift headset. The goal was to create something that could be beneficial for practicing students or dentists in their line of work for research and training purposes. The dental industry can be stressful and lacks practice in certain areas, which is time-consuming, so the idea was to make an app that could be utilized to speed up training.
The product the developer created is an application in Virtual Reality that will allow users to experience different events inside a dental waiting room to help improve the fear of going to the dentist. Additionally, inside a safe environment, the user can experiment, test, and improve their skills in a dental simulation.
I first listed some interests I had down on a piece of paper and updated it for a month when I got an idea. A Dental application was at the top of the list because my girlfriend is currently studying Dentistry and she told me about the struggles of hands-on experience and the lack of practices outside of the dental surgery so I thought it would be a unique and interesting idea to create something in Virtual Reality that could assist and benefit those working and learning dentistry.
I looked at similar applications and evaluated each. After analyzing the data collected from the online survey, I created user personas based on the survey results. I gave short written descriptions to each persona by naming their attributes, goals, and concerns. I designed and then evaluated a paper prototype of my project idea.
I had to test my application from the college while the testers were in their homes and conduct them through Microsoft Teams.
My implementation was written about and conducted on a two-week basis whenever I created something new.
I used GitHub to store my code and Trello for a to-do list of what I needed to create.
I uploaded documents, diagrams, spreadsheets, and presentations required for the project on my Google Drive account. I made use of other Google applications as well to modify some files and create online questionnaires.